Oyster chowder – Karen Kowald
Fancy a nice hearty chowder made with two dozen South Coast Oysters?
KAREN KOWALD, The Pearl Girl – long-term stallholder selling exquisite pearl jewellery shows you how.
Preparation: 30 minutes
1 cup chopped onions
4 tbsp butter
3 cups cubed potatoes
3 tsp salt
¾ tsp celery salt
¼ tsp pepper
2 cups boiling water
2 pints (1.2 litres) whole milk
2 dozen oysters
1. Sauté onions in butter until tender.
2. Add potatoes, seasonings and water.
3. Cover, simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
4. Add milk and heat.
5. Simmer oysters in their liquid until edges curl.
6. Add to chowder, serve and enjoy