OBDM Student Program
The OBDM Student Program in partnership with CIT seeks to give CIT Students the opportunity to trade at the Old Bus Depot Markets. Within it, we hope to elevate students’ crafts and business sense through the entrepreneurial hub that has fostered in the Markets. Please see below items regarding the mechanics, guidelines, key dates, and the application form. Whether it’s crafts, food, or a service, we want to hear from you.
Why the Old Bus Depot Markets? The Old Bus Depot Markets is an Australian Tourism Awards Hall of Fame venue and presents an iconic landmark in the Canberra community. For over 24 years, the Markets has been home to so many success stories where local businesses prosper and where locals and tourists are able to reliably shop for high-quality handmade items. As part of the program, selected participants can enjoy a significantly reduced weekly stall fee and over $5,000 in in-kind sponsorship in the form of guidance from experts who can help you take your product to market.
- The application begins by filling up the form linked below
- Applicants will then be sent a confirmation email within 24 hours with a link to the Business Plan Form
- The deadline for both parts of the online application is on 5pm 8 January, 2019
- Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview meeting
- Successful applicants will be allowed to trade at the Old Bus Depot Markets for a span of 12 weeks
- A reduced rate of $50 stall fee per week will be applied
- Participants are expected to provide a profit & loss statement, balance sheet, and cash flow statement
- During week 6 and week 12, participants will be provided assessment reports pertaining to their progress with trading at the Old Bus Depot Markets
- Successful participants will be provided a performance-based referral by OBDM
- This program is open to CIT Students and those who have graduated within a year at the time of application
- Students of all ages are invited to apply, provided they upload a copy of their student ID
- As many students per application
- A maximum of three applications will be selected
- Whether it’s crafts, food, or a service, we want to hear from you
- Tuesday, 9 October 2018 – Applications open
- Tuesday, 8 January 2019 – Applications close
- The weeks of 9-17 January 2019 – Review of applications
- The weeks of 21-28 January 2019 – A meeting with shortlisted applicants
- The week of 4 February 2019 – Successful applicants will be notified
- Sunday, 24 February 2019 – First date of trading for the OBDM Student Program
- Sunday, 12 May 2019 – Last date of trading for the OBDM Student Program
For everyone’s convenience, the online application process is in two parts. Part 1 shows your interest in participating by sharing general details about yourself and your products. Once submitted, you will then be emailed a link to complete Part 2 which covers your business plan. Only applications that have submitted both Parts 1 & 2 by the deadline will be considered.
Once ready, please begin the application process by clicking the link below.
For any questions regarding the application process, please reach the Old Bus Depot Markets Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 6295-3331.