20 years, 20 must-dos
In light of our 20th birthday this month, we’ve compiled a list of 20 markets’ must-dos.
Whether you visit us every now and again, or are a regular, here’s our list of the markets’ quintessential experiences.
Perhaps try something new on your next visit.
- Start your visit with a freshly squeezed orange juice or hot mulled wine.
- Grab a table and a coffee and settle in for some people watching.
- Try on a hand knitted designer wool jumper.
- Choose a new artwork to decorate your home.
- Take in the sounds of an Annie Story sculptural water fountain.
- Find your personal style in the large offering of uniquely designed handbags.
- Enjoy the sweet sounds of the musicians performing live throughout the day.
- Choose your favourite shape and aroma of a scented candle to grace your home.
- Ride your bike and stop for sustenance at the Old Bus Depot Markets.
- Pick up the perfect gourmet gift on your way to Sunday lunch.
- Put together a tasty picnic from the array of goodies in the food area.
- Stop for the best cut flowers and posies in Canberra on a Sunday.
- Visit your favourite food stall and sit in the sun over lunch.
- Buy lustrous pearls for your new squeeze.
- Sample the region’s best olive oils.
- Introduce your interstate visitors to the true characters of Canberra.
- Get your sweet tooth fix at the cupcake stall.
- Deck out the kids in a fun new outfit.
- Decide on which glamourous Venetian mask to wear to the ball.
- Pause and drink in the atmosphere of Canberra’s Sunday best.