Knit Cables with Susan McMullen of BellaDonna Hand Knits – 19 May 2018
May 19 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm80$
In this 2 hour workshop, participants will start with the basics and by working a variety of different cable samples learn tips, tricks and ideas to approach increasingly complex patterns with confidence. Aspects covered include basic; reversible; twisted stitch; and simple lace cables; reading cable charts; and avoiding and correcting mistakes without pulling your knitting (hair) out.
Master the twists and turns and have fun. Participants will gain enhanced confidence to work and experiment with cables. A number of samples will be completed including left and right cables, reversible cables and a simple lace cable.
Cost of course: $80 includes an originally designed headband/neckwarmer kit to take home and consolidate skills and techniques learned in the workshop.
Take home instructions, both charted and written will be provided. Participants will also receive a 10% discount to purchase one of Susan’s original designed kits during the event.
This class is recommended for beginners and intermediate knitters who are able to do basic “knit” and “pearl” stitches.
Participants will need to bring the following materials:
- 1 ball of 8 ply plain, light-coloured yarn
- 1 set of 4.5mm needles
- 1 cable needle or double pointed needle
- 1 only 4.5mm crochet hook
- 1m of contrast yarn in 8 ply
- tapestry needle
- note-paper and pen
- The workshop is being held in the Fitters Workshop – adjacent to the Old Bus Depot Markets (inside the Former Transport Depot building), overlooking Brodburger and the Canberra Glassworks.
- This class is set for beginner to intermediate level who are able to do basic “knit” and “pearl” stitches
Susan knits professionally and has worked with some of the top designers in Australia and the US including Anna Zilboorg, Nicky Epstein, and Myra Wood. She aims to share her techniques and to inspire others while catering to each individual’s level of expertise.