- This event has passed.
Knit a Coffee Cup Cosy with the Knitter’s Guild Queanbeyan – 1pm-3pm
July 8 @ 1:00 pm UNTIL 3:00 pm$40
In this two-hour workshop you will learn how to make your own re-usable coffee cup cosy presented by Antoinette Buchanan and Libby Hay from the Knitter’s Guild Queanbeyan.
Students will be introduced to several techniques for seamless knitting, and practice knitting with double pointed needles, the magic loop technique and seamless knitting with two circular needles. Selecting one technique, students will make a reusable coffee cup cosy to take home.
Students will receive:
- Class notes and pattern
- 1 set double pointed knitting needles
- 1 x 60cm circular needle
- 1 x 80cm circular needle
- Yarn to complete one project
- The workshop will be held in the office space above the ground level office. The stairs can be accessed in between the men’s and women’s restrooms
- Warm clothing is advised
- This workshop is suitable for beginners
- Adult supervision is required for those under 16 years
ABOUT THE KNITTER’S GUILD QUEANBEYAN
The Knitters’ Guild is a not-for-profit organisation promoting and encouraging the skills of Knitting and Crochet amongst its members and the wider community. The Queanbeyan Group is one of the fastest growing Guild groups with members aged in their teens to their eighties.
In the event that this workshop is fully booked, please fill in our Workshops Expression of Interest. If we get a considerable amount of expressions, we will be in touch with the tutor and keep you updated.